Partridge Community Church UCC
MARCH 03, 2021
Partridge Community Church family,
I've been watching with joy as our positive test rate in Reno County has significantly dropped, and it looks like we will be able to resume in-person worship in the sanctuary this Sunday! The deacons and trustees will meet to confirm the decision later this week, but it looks like it will be safe for us to plan to be in the sanctuary again on March 7.
We will continue to abide by recommended Covid precautions. This includes wearing masks (even if you have already been vaccinated) and social distancing, in order to care for one another's safety.
Our online services have become an important part of our outreach, and so we will still offer the service via livestream on Facebook for anyone who cannot be with us in person.
Let’s move into this process with the same grace, faithfulness, and patience that have guided us throughout the last year, giving thanks that we are able to once again gather.
As always, check in with each other (particularly those who may continue to worship with us online) and continue to do what you can to protect your health and the health of others so that we can worship together in wellness.
Worship | 11 am
Giving Up... Exhaustion
Sunday, March 7
Quarterly Council Meeting immediately following service: details below.
In Exodus, the Hebrew people are newly freed and learning what it will look like for them to live in relationship with one another and with God. The ten commandments offer them guidance for this new way of living, including the command to rest. In a world where exhaustion is often treated like a status symbol, how can we re-prioritize our time to embrace Sabbath?
We hope you'll join us in the sanctuary or on Facebook live on Sunday morning. Even if you don't have a Facebook account, you can access our service at the following link: https://www.facebook.com/PartridgeCommunityChurch.
Wednesday, March 3 | 7 pm (In-Person)
Each Wednesday during Lent, at 7pm, we will offer a contemplative service. These services offer us a time to find respite for our busy lives and intentionally carve out space for silence, stillness, and prayer. We engage a variety of spiritual practices, exploring different ways of encountering the Holy.
This week, we'll gather in the sanctuary.
Quarterly Council Meeting
Sunday, March 7 | following service
Our quarterly council meeting will take place following the service on Sunday. You can join us in-person in the fellowship hall or via the Zoom link below:
Meeting ID: 827 5463 0044
Messenger Articles Due
It's time for us to start putting together the March Messenger. We'll be sending it out after the Council Meeting on March 7, but please send in any news, articles, updates, photos, etc.
Holding in prayer...
- Linda Henderson, Carl Lewis, and their family as they grieve the loss of Linda's sister, Nancy Eales, who passed away Sunday afternoon.
- Joyce Van Buren (Mike Van Buren's mother), has been diagnosed with cancer.
- The family and loved ones of Morene Wright Hamilton Havercroft.
- The family and loved ones of Ernestine Sivils.
- Diane Irick (Pastor Sheridan's mother) has begun cancer treatment, but she is still on oxygen and experiencing severe back pain. Prayers for Bruce Irick too, as he works and cares for her.
- Andrea Nisly and her family, as they grieve the loss of her mother, Claudia.
- Richard Sipe, who is still hoping for answers as to what caused his recent blood loss.
- Casey & Taylor Goble and the Goble family as the grieve the death of Casey's father, Leroy Goble.
- The family and loved ones of Jeaneen Taplin.
- The family and loved ones of Rob Mitzner (Joanie Oller's brother-in-law).
- Michelle Sanchez's niece's boyfriend, Cody. He has been battling cancer, and the doctors have told him there is not much more they can do for him at this point.
- Lisa & Jim French's son-in-law Jake, who has finished up chemotherapy.
- Robynn Sim's brother, Eric, and his mother, Karen as they look for an assisted living facility for her.
- Ray Miller's great-niece, Hadley, who received wonderful news that her cancer is shrinking. Prayers for her continued healing.
- Brice Stark, who continues to recover after a severe ATV accident.
- Linda Henderson's sister, Vicki Lewis, who is undergoing treatment for breast cancer.